Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Just Life

Life has a way of making my head spin so fast that I can’t even see straight. Amidst the everyday activities, I often find myself stretched way too thin.

** get up ** ready myself for work ** wake J-Man up and get him ready for daycare ** let the dog out ** prepare my breakfast and lunch ** take something out for dinner ** grab something for J-Man’s ** breakfast **fly out the door to stay on schedule ** drop J-Man off ** work all day ** pick J-Man up and pray that the evening goes smoothly ** get home ** take the dog out ** prepare dinner ** eat ** clean dishes ** bathe J-Man ** watch some cartoons with J-Man (which usually involves me falling asleep these days) ** put J-Man to bed ** feed the dog and let him out one more time ** think about washing a load of clothes and deciding I just want to sleep **go to bed only to awake to the monotonous do-over again the next day **

Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list. These are just the highlights. I also add in stuff at church (which always makes me busy this time of year), quiet times, hubby time, laundry and house chores, preparing each week for a Sunday school lesson, and the list goes on and on... There are times when I just want to run into a hole and stay for a while. 

And then… there are the moments when my precious four almost five year old looks at me and asks so sweetly, “Mommy, can we rock-rock?” As I sat this morning in my rocking recliner with his precious head on my chest and his legs folded around mine, I took in every second to my heart. THIS is what life is about. Forget about all the monotonous other things going on... The precious moments spent with my family are priceless and can never be relived.


"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: ... What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has mad everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil - this is God's gift to man." Ecclesiastes 3:1, 9-13

1 comment:

  1. Glad you realize how precious those times are. You didn't see this, but when I left Mark and Kim's house the other night, he ran out (like he usually does with Nana) and gave me the biggest hug. You and I know how infrequent those times are and I TREASURE them. Things will always get done, so stop and enjoy him when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your love!