Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Goal I Am Working Towards

Day 19 of my June challenge requested that I write about a goal I am working towards. Guess what, I didn’t have a chance to write yesterday, so I am writing today. I actually do have a goal that I am working towards. Wanna see? Of course you do...
Yep, that would be me on the far right. This picture was taken in August of 2004. One month before I was to get married, my best friend got married. So, you say, "And what is your goal?" Check out this picture from earlier this year - I think it was in March...
Umm... WOWSERS! Others may not see it, but all I see is that great big bulge in the middle of my body. Maybe it is just the white pants that accentuates the bubble, but honestly, it is what it is. Keep in mind, the first photo was also taken at the end of an 8 month tour of duty on Weight Watchers. I had lost 76 pounds and was the lightest I had been since I was 2. HA! I was running 3 miles a day, doing 1 hour stints on the elliptical machine and completing weight training exercises to keep myself toned.

Then... I got married, didn't have access to a free gym (I was in college while I was losing the weight), and just didn't care any more. I let myself slide. I started a new job, built a new house, had a baby, built another house, and was just living life not worrying a bit about what I was putting in my mouth. I gained the 76 pounds plus some back and have been on several yo-yo diets since 2004.

I don't like to talk about my weight a lot because it does make me deeply depressed. However, since I have this goal I am working towards, I thought I would let you all in on my secret. I have started a new diet regimen through Medi Weight Loss Centers. I see a certified nutritionist every week and am under the care of a doctor while I am on program. This program is very expensive (adding to the fact that I have to drive an hour to get to the center), but I think it is worth it - so far. I have only been on program for 3 weeks and I have lost nearly 15 pounds. Not only am I under a doctor's care, but I am also learning what to eat. I have tried some new things as well, like blueberries today. I am not a huge vegetable fan, but I have been better about eating my veggies, like broccoli, summer squash, green beans, and that is about it for now. Still working on that!

I know I have a long way to go, but I am taking this on one week at a time. I am excited for the results and ready to see the new me again. I am ready to be healthy for pregnancy #3, when the time comes. I will be sharing updates with you all as things progress. Hoping to provide good results after the first month ends!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer ~ You are constantly giving me reasons to be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your love!