Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm Here

Picture I found after "googling" the word quiet.
Jennifer said it perfectly a few days ago... "Not blogging for a while is sort of like not calling a beloved friend for too long...the longer you wait, the longer you have to talk/write about, and so you put it off for the "right" time...and then more time passes...and so on and so forth. Quite the cycle."

I realized today, after reviewing my blog feed, that I haven't read blogs in a WEEK. Let alone, not actually blogging in more time than that. I am so behind. I am missing out on the precious words, intriguing thoughts, and beautiful pictures from my blogger friends and you, my readers, are missing out from my blog as well.

I am sorry.

I would love to tell you that I have been so busy doing fun stuff that I just haven't had time but to be honest, life has just happened. That is all. Life. Day in and day out, the same routines. Shower, work, home, dinner, baths, (now adding exercise into the mix) and bed. I often feel like I just don't have make time for anything else.

I did make a trip down to Atlanta with my mom, J-Man and a friend from work over the fourth of July holiday. It rained. All weekend. We all had a good time though. It was nice to see my family again and J-Man had a wonderful time playing with his cousins.

I am sorry if this picture appears
very dark, it was much brighter on
 my phone.
The fourth of July did bring a little excitement for our family. We finally reached the completion point of this masterpiece. It has been a long time in the works (well, maybe really only 4 months, begining with calling contractors to set up quotes) and they were finally able to finish it, on the holiday, between spats of rain. There were some stumbles in the road including rain, incorrect figuring for materials, rain, and did I mention rain? But we got past the issues and were on our way to the finished product. We are so excited to enjoy family time around the fireplace make some s'mores! Now, if the rain will just let up some so that our patio furniture will dry out, our sitting area will be just perfect!  

PS - Are ya'll getting tons of rain too?! I am so thankful for the watering of the Earth, but sometimes, enough is enough. There is a 70% chance of rain today and I don't think it appears to be getting any better for the next week. I am so ready for some dry heat (for just a little while).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your love!