Wednesday, July 24, 2013

All The Hype

Are you excited about the new royal baby arriving? I am happy for the Prince and the Duchess. I remember the day that we brought J-Man home; it was such a happy day. A day filled with sheer joy and excitement.

I saw a report on television Monday night about the events of the birth of this little boy. One thing that really caught my attention was that reporters, people from other media outlets, as well as bystanders were camped out beside the hospital for TWO weeks. They were waiting for the third male heir to the throne to be born; waiting for the “Royal Child” to arrive. Honestly, I have to say that I am glad I didn’t have people waiting on us to exit the hospital with our first born son… not that we are of any royalty or anything.

I spoke to my mom on the phone yesterday after the news reports had pictures of the baby plastered everywhere. She told me that she took some time to show the pictures off to some of the people in her office. (Mom, please don’t think that I am attacking you – it was just a good example for this post.)

This is an exciting time, I know. I heard a female radio personality this morning talk about how she has watched Prince William grow up from the time he was born. It has been fun/neat/interesting to continue to watch his life and how he is now becoming a father. It is like reading a good novel. You get so hooked in on the characters that you feel like you know them personally.

Are we that excited to share pictures, scriptures, testimonies of our Royal Child – Our Savior and Lord – the one true Royal Baby?

Scripture foretold of the Messiah’s coming, but no one really knew when it would happen (let alone have hundreds of bystanders outside the stable waiting for 2 weeks). An angel went to tell the shepherds and the wise men followed a star. They were very excited to hear of Jesus’ birth. Are we?

Do we only celebrate at Christmas or are we readily that excited to share Jesus’ birth story with others - daily? I ask these same questions of myself… Something to really think about.

I guess the events of this week and these thoughts will come in handy this Sunday as I present a Sunday School lesson to my class entitled “God Promised A Messiah”. Jesus has done so much more for us than the “Royal Baby” of England will ever conceive of doing. More than any other human being on this earth ever has or ever will do. King Jesus was brought into this world to pay the ultimate price for all of our sins. He provided a way for us to be with the Heavenly Father throughout eternity – if we will only accept His gift of salvation. He was born from a virgin and walked the earth just as we are doing. He wanted to make sure He understood how life was on earth. He felt pain, He enjoyed laughter, He experienced every range of emotion, but most of all He loved each and every one of us. He loved us enough to experience punishment for no wrong. He carried our own burden of sin and was “pierced for our transgressions”. (Isaiah 53:5)

I just have to sit back and reflect on how great and awesome He is. We all, as Christians, should. For those who have never met this precious Royal Baby named Jesus, please don’t wait to find out about Him!

By the way, in case you were wondering, Prince William and the Duchess have named their little boy George.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your love!