Monday, July 15, 2013

The Man in My Life

“Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.” 1 Timothy 3:8-13 ESV
I don’t think I could be more proud of the man my husband has become. Not only has he been and continues to be a wonderful husband, he has proven to be an awesome Daddy. He strives to do what is best for our family and makes every effort to ensure we are all happy. He loves his job and goes above and beyond as he feels necessary at work. I am thankful he has learned to balance his work like and home life, for the most part (everyone can have a one-off day, right?). Most importantly, he keeps his eyes on God. He prays for his family and keeps his heart, mind, and soul in tune to what God wants for his life as well as our lives.

All of that being said; he received a call yesterday afternoon from the Chairman of Deacons at our church. He actually didn’t answer the call because his phone was on silent and didn’t hear it, but he was called, by the deacon, to let him know that the church voted to add him to the Deacon Nomination Ballot for final voting later this year. While I am very excited for him, I only want him to make the decision that he feels God is leading him to do. He is just not sure yet. This is definitely not a decision that he wants to take lightly. I pray that he understands that I will support him in either decision he makes. If he does decide to be added to the ballot and he is voted upon to become a deacon, I know he will handle the job well.

I am excited for him and this opportunity. I am so proud to call him mine and thank the Lord everyday for giving him to me. I will continue to pray that the Lord will provide a clear leading in the decision that he has to make. I am sure that he would covet your prayers as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying. At least he's thinking about it. Before he would have just said no. Like you, I will support whatever decision he makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am proud of "Daddy J"; in fact, so much that I nominated him and was glad to be able to do it. Through prayer I am sure he will make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your love!