Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wake Up!

Happy Sunday! Happy day of the Lord!

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

Today is a wonderful day. We had an awesome and thought-provoking service at church with the start of our revival services. Our speaker will be speaking on prayer all week and I am looking forward to what God has laid on his heart to present to our church as well as myself. This morning was a message from Revelation 3 where Jesus is speaking of the church at Saridis. The pastor's message centered around complacency and how our church and Christianity itself will perish if we don't do something about it... Quickly.

"... I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God." Revelation 3:1b-2 (ESV)

I will say that I have been battling complacency for some time now. It is easy to show a facade when you are at church but just going through the motions is never a good thing. It is my earnest prayer that I can get out of this, um... funk and get back to the things of the Lord - personally. There are so many things that I could do better at, and one of those specifically is prayer. That is where it all begins. I know having the best relationship with my Lord must involve prayer.

As you can tell, I am very excited about what this week holds. My prayer for you is that if you are feeling like you are in the same boat with me on complacency, please take a look at Revelation 3:1-6 and wake up! Take the time to pray for the people of your church. We all need to stand up and know that the end is very near if we don't do something soon.

Don't let yourself continue to be dry in your faith!
Be excited about what God can do in your life.

Pray and let God use you in ways that only He can. Don't be scared -- He will be with you every step of the way. However, you have to let Him in; you have to allow Him to work.

Happy Sunday and have a wonderful day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your love!