Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Challenge: Day 2

The prompt: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic).

This prompt has been a struggle for me all day - hence the reason why it is almost 10pm and I am finally getting around to sitting down at the computer to type this. There are a lot of things that I feel like I am good at but most of them would not make easy blog posts, i.e. cake making/decorating, flute playing, eating... I am not even sure what I am about to type will come out like I want it to, but hopefully the words will continue to just spill out through my fingers.

Worship is one thing that I love to do and try to do well. As you can see from many of my most recent posts, I am a Christian and love my Lord and Savior. I also enjoy worshipping Him for all that He is in His greatness. There are so many different ways that worship can be done but I am going to provide some basic ways that I worship and reflect on my God.

**I do have just one small disclosure before presenting these ways of worship. Before anyone can experience true acts of worship, they must have taken the steps to accept God's ultimate gift of salvation and eternal life. If you have any questions about how to accept this gift, please feel free to email me.**
Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! Psalm 95:6 (ESV)
I believe that worship must begin with prayer. Prayer is a form of worship, but praying to ask God to open your heart to a time of worship will help you obtain the most from your worship time and truly show God how much you honor, love, and praise Him.

After prayer for an open heart, there are so many different ways that worship can be bestowed. Often times, I find that worship through music or song is most moving for me, but that may be different for someone else. Playing a simple hymn on my flute, singing a worship chorus, or listening to a few songs of praise on the radio all are ways that I find myself in the deepest form of worship. Obviously knowing the words of the songs are crutial so that I can lift those words to the Lord. If I am playing my flute, I find myself singing the words to the Lord in my mind.

Another form of worship is through scripture. Reading through verses of praise and adoration allow me to worship. The book of Psalm has several verses of praise. The few final verses of the book of Job also present words of praise. Through research of this topic, I found another reference around worship.
"But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24 (ESV)
These references are only but a speckle of examples that are presented in scripture about worship. The Bible is full of scripture that provides words of worship to our Heavenly Father. 
Another form of worship is through conversation with others. Telling others about the blessings that God has provided to you. Giving the gospel message to the lost. Speaking on the love, joy, and hope that God has provided you and can provide to others.

This is definitely not an exhaustive list of ways of worship. As I have been typing, I have thought of other ways such as tithing, participating in ordinances of the church including the Lord's Supper. Worship is very important in the life of a believer. Christ ultimately desires a personal relationship with Him and wants us to love Him as he has loved us. One way to keep that relationsip close is through the act of worship.

Are there other ways that you enjoy worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your love!