Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Challenge: Day 4

Day 4: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it.

I am not one of those people that remembers quotes very well. I watch a movie or read a book for the story, not to memorize the lines. This prompt has been kind of tough for me. I do have a phrase that I have typed up and posted on my cubicle at work. 

"God didn't complete everything in one day, why do I think I can?"

I don't know where the quote comes from, I am not even sure where I found it. However, it is a constant reminder to slow down. It is the quality of things that I do that matter, not the quantity. Yes, the quote is more applicable at work, but is good to keep it on my  mind at home. No, all the laundry may not get done in one day, but if I spent an extra hour with Daddy J or J-Man, then I feel accomplished. I should just slow down sometime and not always feel like I have ninety-million things to do in one day. Even though I probably do, I try to remember to relax and do what I can and what is most important for that day.


1 comment:

  1. "Good moms [and wives] have sticky floors, dirty ovens, and happy kids [and husbands]!" I totally agree that making memories is a far better use of QUALITY TIME.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your love!