Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Challenge: Day 30

Day 30 Prompt: React to this term - Letting Go.

I don't consider myself a "copy-cat" but as I was reading the blog posts that have been posted recently from my blogger friends, I just happened to come across this phrase. I have been trying to find the right words for today's post and that phrase just fit. So, I am using it too. Crystal, I hope you don't mind.

My last post created a lot of emotion and I did lots of thinking and praying. I want to let all of you know that just a few short days after my post, I had that conversation with my Dad. I asked him to meet me at my house one evening so that we could talk. Turns out - my emotions really had been getting the best of me and letting my worries grow greater than they should have been. My Dad really wants a relationship with me as well and he told me to ALWAYS call when I needed him - even if I had to call kicking and screaming at him for something. We were both able to talk though some concerns we had as well as have a bit of laughter and genuine conversation. After about 2 hours, 12 misquito bites, and J-Man worrying the tar out of us, we finally ended on a good note and decided to both do what we could to continue to make our relationship work.

In the midst of the anxiety I was having as the days, hours, and moments led up to our conversation, I had a lot of prayer. I just wanted God to give me the right words to say. I didn't want to make my Dad upset, but I also wanted to make sure that I said what I needed to say - still respecting the fact that he is my Dad. I, by no means, wanted to hurt him or make him upset so chosing my words wisely was very important to me. Turns out, as it always does, God was right there with us. He allowed us to open up with each other and neither of us were torn down by words.

I am so thankful that I took the step to call him over to the house. I am thankful that I have a God that both of us can turn to in everything in life. I am thankful that I let go of my own emotions and worries and let God oversee the situation. I am thankful for my Daddy and love him very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your love!