Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Challenge: Day 1

It begins. The challenge that I spoke about here.

Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words, probably). Here goes:

I was born and raised in a small town in North Carolina in May 1982. I was born as an only child but just after a quick 23 months, I was presented with a sibling – a brother. I will never forget my mom recounting the story of when she was changing his diaper one day and he peed all over the place and I told her to “make him do it again”.
Fast forward some years – I became a child of God in the early 90s. I treasure the relationship that I have with my Lord and Savior.
My parents were divorced when I was in the seventh grade. Yes, that time was challenging but I am thankful that my parents have remained friends as things could have definitely been worse.
It was the eighth grade when I started stalking my future husband – a story for another day.
Through high school, I followed the academic plan that would get me to college. I marched the flute in the marching band and traveled to New York City and Orlando for band trips. I attended college in Greensboro, NC and moved back to my hometown after graduation.
My future husband finally realized we were “meant to be” in our senior year of high school. We dated for 5 years and married in 2004 and received our precious Boxer in 2005. We built our first house in 2006 (second one in 2012) and had our first child in 2009. Life is grand! … DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your love!