Day 3 was meant for Friday, May 3rd and I know that I am a little late, but the rules said I could be. I had the post kind of written out in my head and a little on paper all day but just never got the chance to type it up. So, here goes.. and if you are wondering, day 4 is coming at'cha next.
The prompt: Things that make you uncomfortable.
I felt the best way to make this in to a post was to just list the items out. I just didn't seem to flow very well in a paragraph form - not that ANY of you care. So, let's just get to it.
1) A bathing suit - and. every. thing. about. it! I am most uncomfortable in that moment when you get to the side of the public pool and have to take your cover-up off. Every one there just saw you walk in. They saw you walk to an open chair. They saw you set your things down. And now... they are going to strip down to basically your undies. Yes, I know they aren't undies -- but they might as well be on some. I hate the all-eyes-on-me stares. Especially since I think I look absolutely horrible in a bathing suit.
2) Any form of confrontation. I think that speaks for itself. I think it all boils down to the fact that I worry too much about what others think of me and I don't want to upset anyone. I wish that I could speak my mind just a little easier sometimes, but I guess that is just what makes me, me. If I have to do the confronting, I get all clammy and very anxious and there have been some times where I've gotten so emotional that I have cried. Never a good thing when you are trying to explain yourself.
3) Since I tend to be an introverted person, meeting new people tends to make me uncomfortable. Again, the thoughts of "what do they think about me" always pop in my mind. I have to meet some new co-workers this week. Wish me luck!
4) Hugs. No, no... not hugs from my immediate family - they are ALWAYS accepted. However, its those hugs from people that maybe I have met one time. Or the ones from distant family that I really don't know all that well. I have had to learn to get better about this because my husband's family is very hug-friendly. I guess I just have those moments when I cling to my own personal space and I really don't want anyone else near it. Especially if you are a super-duper hugger and love to hug a stranger... not me.
5) Snakes and Spiders. Enough said, right? EWE!
6) Obnoxious dinner party at a restaurant. It never fails when we go out to dinner with a certain family (that will remain nameless), they have to complain about something. Whether it be the server not filling their drinks fast enough, the dinner they just ate costs way more than it should (when they knew the cost of it while looking at the menu), or there was something wrong with the way their food was prepared. Oh, and they are never discreet about it. They can't just vent to us at the table, they have to speak loud enough for everyone to hear - except for the server. If he or she were to ask if everything was okay, lips are sealed. Zipped shut to the point you would think they were mute. Can I crawl under the table?
7) Last but not least - visiting the gynecologist. I think this makes every woman uncomfortable. If it doesn't for you, GO YOU! I know that everyone cannot have that 8:00 am appointment right after our showers, but I sure try to go pretty close to that. Oh, and those nice little paper shirts that we have to wear. Just lovely. My doctor's office always feels like the artic and that seems to make everything that much worse. However, when the 15 or so minutes are over, you have some relief knowing that you have another whole year before you have to go there again...