Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013

Our Easter celebrations were pretty laid back this year. We started with a party and egg hunt at J-Man's daycare last Thursday. Daddy J couldn't believe how much junk food the kids ate for their party. If only J-Man would eat like that with his meals, we possibly could get somewhere with his eating habits; and possibly run out of grocery money each month. J-Man does have a best bud at daycare. He clinged to him for the majority of the egg hunt and he didn't want to leave him behind when it was time to go in. They did have to count their eggs to make sure every one got the same amount. Not necessarily a rule that I agree with, but I guess you have to be fair. The only reason why I don't agree with it is because only J-Man's class was out egg hunting at the time (each age group goes alone), so it wasn't like they had 2 year olds hunting with the 4 and 5 year olds. However, I guess I understand why they have the rules - there were two boys that only got 4 or 5 each. J-Man didn't get the most though. I do believe his buddy was the winner until he wanted to give up a pink one to one of the girls.


The Saturday before Easter, we celebrated with our church. We had our annual egg hunt at the home of our children's minister. The kids went in the house to have an Easter message while the parents had the pleasure of "hiding" eggs. As I understand it, there were over 1100 eggs for around 25 kids, so each of them got a plenty! Oh, and each egg had candy in it. Whew! That's a lot of candy. After the egg hunt, we had a nice picnic lunch and had some time to just play outside. It was a beautiful day for egg hunting! 

The young man in the next several photos is J-Man's very best friend. The boys were actually born 11 days apart ("Best Bud B" is older) and they love to spend time together. J-Man had his first slumber party on his birthday this year with this little guy. They had a blast but both were asleep by 9!

Of course, last but not least, Easter morning. I bought J-Man a "big boy" outfit for Easter and he was so excited to put it on. It definitely makes it easier for dressing when he is compliant and wants to wear what I have picked out for him. He even helped me get himself dressed! We had a wonderful morning together. (Daddy J had to work so it was just me and the little man.) I made sure I took my camera to church so that I was able to get some pictures of him as well as his friends. Here are just a couple of the shots I got. I know I am partial, but isn't he so handsome?!?!
I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter and had some time to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Putting all the fun stuff aside, we were able to take some time to remember the true meaning of Easter and to praise God for sending his precious Son to die for us so that we could live eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your love!