Wednesday, April 24, 2013

In His Own Words

Nothing makes my heart melt faster, my face light up brighter, or my smile bigger than this guy:

He is my knight in shining armor, the love of my life and the half that makes me whole. I talk about him a lot on my blog, but never has he provided his own words for a posting. Today, is a first. Today, I am typing his words, but only because I am quicker at typing copying what he provided me.

You see, I saw this idea on other blogs about asking a loved one to provide 10-20 facts about the person blogging. I thought it would be neat to see what would come of my proposition if I asked Daddy J to do this for me. When I first thought about asking him, I honestly thought he wouldn't do it so I was hesitant in even asking him. But, I figured I would just go for it. Since I was at work, I sent him a nice little email...

"Hey Sweetie,
Good morning! I would like for you to do something for me. I will give you a week to do it, so it will give you some time. I want you to write up 10-20 things about me. Whatever is on your mind, fun facts, why you love me, etc... Please?

I know this won't be one of you most favorite things to do, but I would love to read them. You can type them up or write them down, but just remember, you only have a week! ;)

Thank you!
I love you."

I didn't get an email back, but he did ask me what all that was about when I spoke to him on the phone. I told him it was going to be for the blog and that was the last I heard of it. I just knew that my feeling about never getting my response was going to come true.

However, he proved me wrong (again).

You see, I sent my email to him last Thursday. Friday was my work at home day and he happened to be off as well. I was on a conference call most of the day so he was in and out, doing his own thing. I finally was able to get off the phone around 5pm and decided that I needed to get a shower (we had plans to go grocery shopping). I headed into the bathroom (the toilet room) and when I came back out, I glared at our mirrors...
Not only had he shocked me by doing the task, he shocked me in his presentation... and he provided TWENTY SIX items!! I stood in front of my mirrors trying to read all of the things he noted. I ended up in tears. THIS is one of the reasons why I love this man. Romantic things like this don't come often, but when they do, he does them right. Most of the items on the list are reasons why he loves me, not fun facts as I have seen other blogs have, but you know what? That is totally fine. I needed this. I needed the smile. I needed the tears. I needed the tiny giggles while I reminisced over thoughts that were recalled when I read some of the items. I needed the big hug when I went back to him and thanked him with my eyes for finishing the task for me. He knew exactly what I was talking about and didn't have to say a word to him. Thank you Sweetie, again.

And to the point of this post... here are the 26 reasons why my husband loves me (I am sure this is not an exhaustive list!):
  1. Because you love me when I give you every reason not to.
  2. You are supportive and understanding.
  3. You are a great mother to J-Man.
  4. The way you make me feel when you hold me after those long days.
  5. Your faith in Christ.
  6. Your persistence and stalking abilities. :-) (this one really made me smile - there is a story behind it)
  7. Your tender heart.
  8. Your willingness to serve the Lord.
  9. How you can't stay mad, even when you try.
  10. How you like to make up after a fight.
  11. Your desire to have another baby.
  12. You are beautiful to me.
  13. How you feel when I hold you at night when we go to sleep.
  14. Your need for me to love you even though we spell it different ways. (indeed we do!)
  15. The way you want to be a better person/wife to me.
  16. The way you smile at me for no reason (even though it does drive me crazy).
  17. Your partnership in our marriage.
  18. Our late night talks after work.
  19. The way you help provide for our family.
  20. How you like to be playful.
  21. You are smart.
  22. Your touch.
  23. Your kisses.
  24. Your desire to have a better understanding for the Bible.
  25. The way you want to give me everything, even though we can't afford it.
  26. The rest is X rated, sorry. :-)
This will be held near and dear to me forever. Especially on the days that I need a smile. I am so thankful that God blessed me with this man. He is more than I could have ever asked for and love him with every ounce in me. He has been an absolutely wonderful husband and father and I am so glad I can call him MINE! Yes, I did stalk him and yes, I am glad I did.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your love!