Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Uh oh...

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I have a nickname. What's the nickname, you ask? (It is not Momma J, I just made that up for this blog.) It is "The Grammar Police". However, that doesn't just hold up to grammar, it is for spelling as well. I tend to catch people with their spelling and grammar mistakes quite often. So much so that it seems to have become a joke. Spelling mistakes tend to catch my eye a bit quicker than grammar mistakes.

I don't know why I have this quirk.

Maybe it is because when I was in grade school, my mom would help me study and we would have the best time laughing over the errors in my notes. She would go through and pronounce words just as I had written them, which in turn, made them the wrong words. But, I knew what I meant! We laughed until we cried! I did get some studying done, none the less.

It is just a pet peeve of mine. 

Everyone is in such a hurry these days that they often times don't take the time to read what they have written. And with the age of the internet and acronyms... oh! and crazy auto-corrects, it seems as though people don't care anymore for proper English correct grammar or spelling. It still amazes me what some people will come up with when trying to spell a word. I will be honest and tell you that if I don't know how to spell something, I will rephrase my sentence to use another word before using the sentence I thought of first.

All of this being said, I have to confess. There is an error on this blog somewhere that I didn't notice until just last week. If you want to take a guess at what it is, just leave me a comment. My blog is not grand enough to give anything away (don't have those special sponsors or anything) but for everyone who comments and is correct, you will get special recognition in a future posting. I will give you until Saturday morning at 10 am.

Good Luck!
(Praying that you don't find an error other than the one I found!)

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your love!